[Harp-L] Been enjoying ron sorins music / check it his work with Bob Stroger too...

Tin Lizzie TrackHarpL@xxxxx
Sun Sep 4 23:04:06 EDT 2022

I had the tremendous good fortune to hear Ron Sorin perform live in [checks notes] 2011, at Blues Bash #4, hosted by Joe Filisko at Evanston SPACE, outside of Chicago.  I still remember it.  At the time, I had about 3 years of harp under my belt.  The great thing about attending a performance of several titans at a single event is the feeling of, “Wow, all these musicians are really amazing, but I especially like THAT one… I wonder why that is?”

I listened hard, and realized that what most blew me away about Ron Sorin’s playing was his timing and phrasing.  There was just something transcendent about it.

I inquired as to whether I might take some lessons from him.  He said at the time that he didn’t teach.  Rats.  I would like to have gotten closer to that particular magic.

Tin Lizzie