[Harp-L] Playing chromatically on a diatonic (was Will Scarlett's place in the history of overblows)

Sébastien Frémal sebastien.fremal@xxxxx
Fri Feb 18 04:45:03 EST 2022

Hello Laurent,

Yes, even if it's played in tune, you easily hear the overblows that are
played in this sound excerpt. But that's ok, that and bent notes add
colours to the sound of the harmonica. Depending on which colours you want
to give to the song you play, you can chose the position that suits the
best :) To my knowledge, harmonica is the only instrument allowing that
kind of stuff. That makes it a really interesting and fun instrument :)

Seb