[Harp-L] Lee Oskar's new album

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Wed Feb 2 14:04:46 EST 2022

Lee Oskar is a genuine mensch. I first met him at a Summer NAMM party
that was jointly sponsored by his harmonica brand and Lace Music, who
supplies me with pickups for the Harmonicaster electric harmonica. I
happen to be Jewish and he and I briefly discussed the events of the
1940s surrounding his childhood. Despite the fact that I'm sort of
competing with him, Lee was gracious enough to stop over at my booth the
next day and check out my gizmo. You should have seen how excited the
harp player I had hired to do demos was to meet one of his heroes.

A couple years later I was setting up my booth before Summer NAMM opened
for the day and I heard someone playing amplified harmonica and you
could tell it was live. I followed the sound and it was Lee Oskar in his
booth. He greeted me warmly and excitedly told me about music he'd
written and produced with a bit of a Jewish flavor to memorialize his
mother and then let me listen to a cut that he had on his phone.
Beautiful stuff and it was very cool to be able to listen to music
before it was released.

That song is on Never Forget.