[Harp-L] Marine band 365 in key of A

Zvika Dror zvikadror@xxxxx
Thu Sep 9 09:04:00 EDT 2021

Hi Guys,
Bad Hat - You're probably right and it's an old 364/24A, which is a 12
holler.
I have alternative suggestions if those fit the bill / situation.
1. Take Hohner 364/365 G and raise it a full tone to A - long work but if
that was my goal I would go for it - A is a lovely key. Bb can be made from
a C going downwards, but lower than that on normal comb would require
soldering and would hit the covers like a gong...
2. Lucky13 comes in several alternate tunings these days, Richter is nice
but you have Solo, Diminished, and some non symmetric ones as well. Check
Brendan's website for more info. I Think 13 holes Solo is a great
compromise between 364 Soloist and 365 truly WEIRD tuning (I have all
variants and likes the 365SBS / Lucky13 Richter versions the most, although
I suggest Chromatic players to go with 364 Soloist first, to play the way
they know but get the "feel" of a pocket instrument).
3. Seydel makes whatever you like - there is a 12 holes model you can get
in Solo or other tuning of your choice.
4. Chromatic 12 in the key of A is great - I have G and Bb with a goal to
get an A soon, and it's great if you like the mellow I+IIm6 chords of the
chromatic (A+Bm6), although I prefer the Bebop tuning (on a C its C7+Dm6)
for the extra scales without switching slider.
Anywayz... Hope you find what you want and enjoy it endlessly!
Zvika