[Harp-L] Video LW JR mic vs SE HB52
Wed Oct 13 16:23:44 EDT 2021
In this video I compare harmonica microphones. Lone Wolf Blues Company
Jason Ricci signature vs Hohner/SE Harpblaster HB52.
Lone Wolf Blues Company Jason Ricci signature
- Better bass response
- More natural clean tone
- standard 1/4 guitar jack input. Cables are available at any venue.
- Fit standard shure clips (both wide for wireless and narrow for wired
microphones), available at any venue.
- Works better with pitch and modulation effects
- slightly bigger
- Not a perfect response to hand effects
Hohner/SE Harpblaster HB52
- better response to hand effects
- Sound really great with distortion
- Locked connection
- Very lightweight and easy to hold
- weaker bass response
- Dirtier clean sound
- XLR connector, need adapter or special cable which is not available at
- Need a special custom clip
If I have to choose one - my choice is Jason Ricci signature. However I
like to own HB52 and use it for one or two songs in a gig to use more hand
effects. What is your choice?
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
More information about the Harp-L