[Harp-L] Harmonica player on The Voice, Monday 5/17/21

Michael Peloquin peloquinharp@xxxxx
Tue May 18 23:31:25 EDT 2021

Did anybody watch The Voice last night? When I saw that Kenzie Wheeler (The 23-year-old, mullet-wearing, country singer from Dover, Florida,) was going to sing the country classic “He Stopped Loving Her Today” made famous by George Jones, I wondered if they would add a harmonica player to the live band. I was expecting at least the Charlie McCoy modulation. Well, they had a guy that looked like he might have had a harp beneath his flapping hands while seated on the downstage edge of the stage, but I never heard one note. Was this guy an LA harp player that got a bad deal on his mic/channel/mix or just a stand-in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4W1-Eg5ng
[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVF.gBztDUtIgM7z2aN8e9eJZw&pid=Api]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4W1-Eg5ng>
Kenzie Wheeler Sings George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - Voice Top 9 Performances 2021<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4W1-Eg5ng>
Kenzie Wheeler performs George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today" during the Live Top 9 Performances on The Voice. » Get The Voice Official App: http://bit.ly/TheVoiceOfficialApp » Subscribe for More: http://bit.ly/TheVoiceSub » Watch The Voice Mondays 8/7c on NBC! » Stream Now: http://bit.ly/TheVoiceFullEpisodes THE VOICE ON SOCIAL: Like ...
www.youtube.com

BTW: I did see AND HEAR the great Rob Paparozzi on Letterman play the parts very well with the old possum himself in 2006.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNslkRiOhvA
[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.c0CGahk-z_GK2d_H7AouEQHgFo&pid=Api]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNslkRiOhvA>
George Jones<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNslkRiOhvA>
George Jones on The Late Show With David Letterman - November, 2006
www.youtube.com

Michael Peloquin http://harpsax.com<http://harpsax.com/>