[Harp-L] Backup tracks

Chad Nordstrom chad.nordstrom@xxxxx
Sat Mar 20 13:03:18 EDT 2021

Spotify and Youtube has thousands of them and what most people use due to the ease of use. I prefer Spotify for ease of use and curation. It just comes down what you like to play over.

If you want to spend a bit more time upfront you can download or rip the CDs and create playlists in your favorite music player. I have seen plenty of people use a small laptop, phone, or tablet. Just depends on your preference.
Dennis Gruenling's probably is the most advanced selection and helps to provide guidance around your practice.
Band Tracks > band-jams-vol-1 <https://badassharmonica.com/collections/band-jams-vol-1>
Specific practice tracks (grooves, positions or keys) > https://badassharmonica.com/collections/jam-tracks-sets <https://badassharmonica.com/collections/jam-tracks-sets>
Jam tracks > https://badassharmonica.com/collections/jam-tracks-vol-2 <https://badassharmonica.com/collections/jam-tracks-vol-2>
Ice B’s tracks are popular due to ease of use and quality < available online, YouTube, or Spotify.
https://www.iceb.ch/backing-tracks <https://www.iceb.ch/backing-tracks>
https://www.youtube.com/c/icebeatmaker/ <https://www.youtube.com/c/icebeatmaker/>
Jimi Lee’s EVERY GROOVE A BLUESMAN NEEDS TO KNOW
https://jimilee.com/jam-tracks <https://jimilee.com/jam-tracks>
Shoji Naito’s Harptracks < These are classics and great. < website and on Spotify
https://www.shojinaito.com/news/2020/4/14/legacy-shoblues-harptracks-for-free <https://www.shojinaito.com/news/2020/4/14/legacy-shoblues-harptracks-for-free>
https://open.spotify.com/artist/09bbUQQGWsk8PYnuBJ9gFF?si=QDO4rbPFSouZhdx9R3Nr_w <https://open.spotify.com/artist/09bbUQQGWsk8PYnuBJ9gFF?si=QDO4rbPFSouZhdx9R3Nr_w>
If someone wants to play over an actual song they can use some software to remove the stems that you do not want to hear. YMMV, some tools work better than others.
There are thousands of tracks available. It comes down to how you plan to use them (practicing specific techniques or licks, band, etc) and your preference (genre / solo or band / acoustic or electric tracks). You can also use the BeatBuddy and similar pedals for hands free use.