[Harp-L] Best Out-of-the-Box harp for bends & overblows?

The Iceman icemanle@xxxxx
Mon May 11 10:07:14 EDT 2020

There is no such thing as a factory out of the box harp for overblows.
I've had pretty good luck for years with Golden Melodies....not 100% consistent, but often enough to say that there is such a thing....

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Vigouroux <laurent.vigouroux at xxxxx>
To: Opus314 . <opus314 at xxxxx>; harp-l harp-l <harp-l at xxxxx>
Sent: Mon, May 11, 2020 7:32 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Best Out-of-the-Box harp for bends & overblows?

Hello

There is no such thing as a factory out of the box harp for overblows.
There is a need for at least a bit of manual setup.

All the Hohner, Suzuki, Seydel harps above $30 will be ok after a manual setup.

If you're looking for an overblow ready harp, you would either have to buy a Hohner/Suzuki/seydel harp from a customizer (It's generally much more expensive than a stock harp, which is normal considering the work done by the customizer) or choose one of these two options:
-The Torpedo from harmo.com (reviewed here https://www.planetharmonica.com/en/torpedo-overblow-harp/ )
-Or the Arkia Origin (reviewed here https://www.planetharmonica.com/en/arkia-harmonica/) are ready to overblow harps at a reasonable price.

Both are below $90.
The torpedo is a regular richter harp customized manually
The arkia has a very special comb, which really optimizes the harp for bends and overblows.

Hope this helps