[Harp-L] Charlie McCoy's first recording session as a harmonica player

Ken H in Ohio airmojoken@xxxxx
Fri Jun 26 20:17:46 EDT 2020

I remember when I first started playing some 40+ years ago, discovering
something different that sounded very minor.
Turned out to be 3rd position (on a diatonic)... all I knew was that it
sounded cool and different !

I didn't really discover 5th position until listening to a Wailin Wood CD
that I bought at a early 2000 something Buckeye Harmonica Festival...

On the song "Poor Wayfaring Stranger"... Wailin was kind enough to call me
after I emailed him about the song keys on his two CD's that I bought.

What a great player he is too !

Ken H in OH