[Harp-L] 8 ohm or 16 ohm jack for cab?

mr1danga mr1danga@xxxxx
Thu Jun 25 10:37:48 EDT 2020

Thanks for all the responses..I will rewire in series and use the recommended load of 16 ohm.JJSent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Arthur Jennings <arturojennings at xxxxx> Date: 6/25/20  8:19 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: mr1danga <mr1danga at xxxxx> Cc: harp-l at xxxxx Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 8 ohm or 16 ohm jack for cab? Two 8 ohm speakers in parallel are a 4 ohm load which may be to low for your amp. If you could rewire the cab to put the speakers in series you’d get a 16 ohm load which would be safe.> On Jun 25, 2020, at 3:51 AM, mr1danga via Harp-L <harp-l at xxxxx> wrote:> > Howdy all. Just purchased an amp head and a 2x10 cabinet with 8ohm 50watt Red Fang speakers in parallel. My amp is 15 or 30 watts and has an 8 ohm and a 16 ohm jack and wondering if I can plug my cab into either one without damaging anything.   Also,  if there are advantages to plugging into either one.  i.e. more headroom,  more breakup,  more punch  etc?Thanks 😎Double J in CO