[Harp-L] Harp playing by musicians not considered harmonica players

Andy Vincent av1901@xxxxx
Wed Jun 3 09:34:51 EDT 2020

Another British Blues influenced rock band late 60’s / early 70’s must be mentioned here: Humble Pie. Steve Marriott was their awesome front man who sang with soul, played a cranked up Les Paul through Marshall stacks.

I saw them a few times live, and saw and heard him use dynamics, bring the band down, then blow some REALLY tasteful 2nd position blues that served the feel of the song. He wasn’t Little Walter, or Howard, or Toots, but his playing made me want to pick up a harp and play along.

Check out this track with the solo @ 3:12

https://youtu.be/-hSHn2fcNK4

Andy Vincent