[Harp-L] Beginner rack recommendations

captron100@xxxxx captron100@xxxxx
Fri Sep 20 09:51:02 EDT 2019

Douglas Johnson wrote: I'm a new harmonica player (and I'm new to this list). Lately I've been thinking that I'd like to explore using a neck rack.
 Douglas: Welcome to the list!  Whenever this subject comes up, I advise the harp rack that I learned of here on Harp-L and have been using happily for many years - K&M harmonica holder, which I see on Amazon for $28.69. Very sturdy and has big comfortable knurled tightening knobs, not wing nuts like on my old harp rack of yesteryear.  I have no problem with the knobs not tightening enough to hold the harp in position, as one reviewer on Amazon had reported. It is comfortable as well as sturdy.  I have no experience using other racks because I've been using the K&M satisfactorily for a long time.   But I had a look at the Sydel Gecko that another poster offered and that rack might be the bee's knees, what with it's superior adjustability, but it costs $80 at Rockin' Rons Music, including free shipping.   Ron - FL Keys, USA