[Harp-L] New rev of Slide Man Slim & Penny Hanna's harmonica instrumental '64'

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Tue Nov 19 19:55:47 EST 2019

Thanks Rick!

Actually, it's in E with short sections in F# and A, all on a C chrom. I often write stuff in keys that are difficult for me to play in (as it the case here -- all three of those keys are tough for me). I like the challenge :-).

As for the pedal steel, it's a rather new instrument for me (I'm just approaching the 4 year mark) and I cheat like hell when recording, via tons of punch ins, in order to mask my greeness. I've always loved pedal steel and decided in my old age I really wanted to give it a go, and I'm enjoying the journey immensely!

- Slim