[Harp-L] Shofu Brownie

Ken H in Ohio airmojoken@xxxxx
Sun May 26 17:28:26 EDT 2019

I don't think it's so much the price, but the quantity...

Curious how long does one Brownie "pointed cylinder" last, for how
many reed tunes ?

Until the pointed end is mostly gone ?

Seems like most of the grit material would be wasted, depending on how
deep the metal shaft goes into the polishing end.

I have yet to try one, but would be willing to try them.. I usually
use sanding wands, or a diamond tip micro engraver.

But I'm pretty easy on my harps, which are mainly the Seydel 1847
stainless steel reeds, and have not had to really do any re-tuning.

Most of my reed tuning involves an alternate tuning, like paddy
richter or county-tuning on extra harps that I have accumulated over
the years.

Ken H in OH