[Harp-L] Misirlou on harmonica

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Sun May 19 16:35:12 EDT 2019

Consistent use of the blow F and draw C makes Misirlou lie very nicely on a C chromatic.  This song is a clinic on the use of the enharmonics. The first note is E and the first 8 measures have E chords.  Other chords are Dm6 (xx0201), E7, Am, G, F, F7.   Try it, you’ll like it.

 I will respond to off-list requests by sending a pdf lead sheet…melody in standard notation with chord names like in a fake book.

I heard a story that Dale’s arrangement was his response to a challenge to play a whole song on one guitar string.

Vern