[Harp-L] Stephen Hanner on the Harmonicaster electric harmonica

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Sun Mar 24 13:25:13 EDT 2019

Arthur,

I don't know what the reed spacing is on a Big Six but standard spacing
on Seydel 10 hole diatonics is 8mm, and standard string (and pickup
pole) spacing on an electric guitar is approximately 10mm. Unless the
Big Six has a different reed spacing than their regular diatonics, it's
not going to work well.

Also, as I understand it, the DM48 works just fine as harmonica-like
MIDI trigger, so why reinvent the wheel?

I could make a MIDI Harmonicaster if I made individual pickup coils for
each reed like a Zex-Coil pickup, but right now I'm concentrating on the
one product.

Ronnie Schreiber
The Electric Harmonica Co.
http://www.harmonicaster.com