[Harp-L] Introducing the GASKET-VALVE System

bren@xxxxx bren@xxxxx
Sun Jun 9 13:06:17 EDT 2019

Thanks David! For now we're only releasing the diatonic version. The
chromatic Gasket-Valve will require all the existing valves to be pulled off
and their glue patches thoroughly removed - which is a job most chrom
players will not wish to do, I think! For them it still makes more sense to
replace individual valves as necessary.

However I'm hoping in the future the Gasket-Valve idea will be licensed by
one or more manufacturer, to be installed on chromatic harmonicas at the
factory. It would save them a lot of time and cost, I believe. A couple of
manufacturers are currently assessing it, so let's see what happens.

Cheers,

Brendan Power
www.x-reed.com
www.brendan-power.com