[Harp-L] Shofu Brownies - a gift

Robert Hale ynfdwas@xxxxx
Thu Jun 6 20:54:06 EDT 2019

Due to the spontaneous generosity of a kind list member, I now have a Shofu
Brownie for tuning reeds.

Thank you!

MY REPORT
I found the Brownie to be fast, smooth, and very controllable in raising
the pitch of a brass reed a half step. I am using it in the $8 engraver
found at Amazon and Harbor Freight, which accepts a 3/32" shaft.
I found that lowering a reed a half step took lots longer. So I will plan
to lower pitch that much with a diamond tip instead.

These examples were semitone changes. The Brownie will certainly be just
right for fine tuning in small increments.
Your experience may vary, and I would love to read it here.

Again, thank you to my benevolent list-friend.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
Robert at xxxxx