[Harp-L] Famous Harmonica Players

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Wed Jan 23 18:11:32 EST 2019

I know a lot of harp players have the same opinion of John Popper as
guitarists do of Yngwie Malmsteen, but I've seen Popper play close up
and he knows his way around the harmonica. Go figure. The only popular
band in the last 30 years fronted by a harp player (does Huey Lewis
count?) and harp players dismiss him as a too-many-note Johnny.

I give him credit for developing a distinctive style when so many people
are just recycling the blues.