[Harp-L] Famous "Harmonica players"

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Sun Jan 20 22:33:08 EST 2019

Definitely McCoy. I first heard him on commercial radio here in Australia,
in the early seventies. His albums were in record shops. I believe he was
the first person to play melodically in second position, at least according
to my extensive listening. I continue to be nonplussed at the lack of
recognition he gets today. He changed the face of harmonica playing,
though, for all his taste and excellence, some might say not all for the
good. (a bit like Hendrix, whom I dig greatly, but who caused the rock
guitar world to become, for me, unbearably excruciating)
Why is he so forgotten?
RD