[Harp-L] Brendan and Vern

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sat Jan 19 10:26:40 EST 2019

> In the Real World, The Market is genius.   In the Real World, people vote
with their wallets???....

To which Vern replied:
<Those who wish to believe vote with their wallets for Bernie Madoff's
investments, <apricot-pit cancer cures, over-priced beverages, fancy
cosmetic packaging, quack food <supplements, astrology advice, Enron stock,
etc.  The image of a cool mountain <stream may influence my selection of
beer when I probably could not tell the difference <between Coors and the
cheapest bellywash in a blind comparison.  Hardly anyone is <immune to
wishful thinking.

Reminder to self: don't commit a logical fallacy while Vern is on the
line.  Like, for example, proposing that people spending money on a thing
is proof positive that said thing works as advertised.

I suggest that Vern's offer of $1000 to anyone who can demonstrate proof
under controlled conditions is a good place to start (not to mention
generous).  So far as I know, the SPAH test was not sufficiently
controlled, which means literally that the stuff has not been put to the
test.

Thanks, RH
--
Check out Richard Hunter's 21st Century rock harmonica masterpiece "The
Lucky One" at https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)