[Harp-L] questions about Hohner's various tuning schemes for diatonic harps - Harmonica Einstein's Tuning Table

captron100@xxxxx captron100@xxxxx
Tue Dec 10 16:46:31 EST 2019

  A friend just posted on Facebook a stocking stuffer idea for people who tune their harmonicas. The tool is called "Harmonica Einstein's Tuning Table". In addition to being a handy tool to support the reeds while you work, it comes with a chart of tuning offsets for 12 different types of diatonics, plus one tuning scheme for chromatics. To see this, go to http://tuningtable.com, then open the link that says, "Instructions and Links".   The chart of the tuning offsets for the various harps is interesting. I'm surprised at some of them, e.g., every single note, both blow and draw, of Golden Melodies are tuned +8. I'm curious why Hohner would tune their modular system (MS) harps different in any way than they tune regular non MS Marine Bands; or why Hohner would tune Special 20's differently than regular Marine Bands.  Another question: What is the difference between the two harps that they are calling "MS Richter Tuning" and "MS Models"?  Thanks in advance, Ron - FL Keys