[Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi Custom Big River

Tom Halchak info@xxxxx
Mon Dec 2 12:35:56 EST 2019

The Rob Paparozzi Custom Big River

This is a project that I have been working on for a long time.  You could
say it was years in the making.  It all started way back in about 2013 when
I sent Rob some of my CNC Milled Custom Blue Moon MS-Series Combs.  That’s
when I learned about Rob’s love affair with the Big River.  The Big River
is often under-appreciated, but it is actually a very good harmonica.

I’ve been building custom harps for about 6 or 7 years now and for the most
part I have been a “Go with the Flow” kind of guy.  I tend to offer the
most popular models and typically, guys who invest in custom harps like
their Marine Bands, Special 20s, Golden Melodys, Suzuki Manjis or Seydel
harps.  Earlier this year I had the notion of introducing a line of Custom
Big Rivers.  Who better to help me promote them than Rob Paparozzi - a guy
who has been playing Big Rivers professionally for decades?  So, I
approached Rob about the idea of working together to design a line of
Custom Big Rivers that he would not only be willing to promote, but that he
would actually gig with.  He immediately embraced the idea.

Here is what we came up with.  The Rob Paparozzi Custom Big River features
a Gold Anodized Aluminum Comb with Black-Nickel Plated Covers.  It is a
handsome harmonica.  A moderate amount of work has been done on the reed
plates.  Flat sanded draw plates.  Dressed up edges.  Gaps adjusted for
optimal response.  Tuned to Hohner’s MS version of Compromise Temperament @
A=442 Hz.  Rob does not make extensive use of overblows and overdraws a la
Jason Ricci, so this harp is set up for the way he plays or a guy like the
great Ronnie Shellist plays.  Traditional Blues, Rock, Jazz and Pop with
great tone and superb phrasing.

They are available in five keys – G, A, Bb, C and D.

Very reasonably priced at $124.95 each.

We only made 125 harps in this initial batch (which, honestly was a lot of
work) so supplies are limited.  If you live in the US and order before
December 20th, I will get them to you in time for Christmas.

Available at www.BlueMoonHarmonicas.com.   They’re front and center on my
website.  You can’t miss it.

*Tom Halchak*
*Blue Moon Harmonicas LLC*