[Harp-L] Kongsheng Harps

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sun Dec 1 11:03:58 EST 2019

Ross Macdonald wrote:
Recently purchased 4 of these harps - one Bluebird and the three Mars
model. Love the Mars harps. I really like the tone of the Bluebird, but I
don?t really like the cover plates on the Bluebird -  they feel too thick.

The Kongsheng harps seem to be based on Suzuki designs.  Suzuki combs are a
perfect match for these harps, so my bet is that the cover plates will work
too.

FYI, my Bluebird played a lot better after I flat-sanded the draw reed
plate and facing comb, and gapped the reeds.

Thanks, RH

--
Check out Richard Hunter's new 21st Century blues release "Blue Future"
at https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter2

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)