[Harp-L] Second position, cross harp

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Mon Aug 19 23:32:33 EDT 2019

I taught harp for 12 years at our Council of Adult Education.
I would just talk about the 'blow' key (C on a C harp) and
the 'suck' key' (G on a C) and go on to show, by learning simple tunes,
that there was a note you couldn't get on the middle ocatve - the major
7th  of the 'suck' key -
but you could get it in the first ocatve and the top ocatave, by bending.
Less talk, more played examples. I know my theory, but the most useful
thing is the ear.
RD