[Harp-L] How much is Enough?

JOSEPH LEONE 3n037@xxxxx
Mon Aug 5 12:55:59 EDT 2019

While I agree in theory, I always maintained that due to the diatonic's not having all the notes and if not well tuned, even the notes it does have are not always exact, consternated by the various tuning scales (just, tempered, etc.), and that ANY instrument is NEVER perfectly in tune.
 I posit that it IS acceptable to tolerate a certain amount of sourness..IF..the notes are closer to 'passing notes', and NOT the ones that I call critical. The ones that define the tune.
Even Howard is not always on pitch. The closest player I have heard that IS is Jerome Perelevades out of Gras (perfume city) France.