[Harp-L] The International Blues Blowoff (aka the SPAH Blowoff)

Christopher bluzeharp@xxxxx
Sun Aug 4 17:08:33 EDT 2019

2nd and final harp-l 2019 IBB announcement
SPAH starts late Tuesday afternoon Aug 13 at the Downtown Tulsa Hyatt with an opening ceremony and live music in the lobby which is free for anyone to attend.  The IBB is the 'unofficial' SPAH endorsed Tues night party, a true 'Bucket List' event for any blues fan.  One monster world class player after the next in a 5 hour non-stop blues showcase, music starts around 6pm.
VIP tix are almost gone, likely won't be available the night-of. Highly recommended to purchase those soon as possible if you want em'.
This show is open to the general public, and is not included with SPAH registration.
Link to full details and ticketing at message bottom, but first, in no particular order, here's this year's stellar lineup, loaded as always with BMA, Grammy and SPAH awardees.
RJ Mischo's Red Hot Blues Band will be backing many of the acts, including Sugar Harp, Peter 'Madcat' Ruth, Tim Gonzalez, Tulsa ace David Berntson, Gary Allegretto, Don Caesar, Charlie Barath, the return of the Young Guns Showcase, the great Johnny Long !!! an audience cameo segment (you might be called up), with still more TBA.
I've been promised a dozen or more quality harmonicas to give away as door prizes this year, seems solid but will not say it's definite until they are in my hands.
One final note, The International Blues Blowoff contributes significantly every year to SPAH's extensive youth scholarship program, come to this show and contribute to the future of our humble instrument.  No arm twisting, but the tip jar that night supports those efforts, as well as that nights artists.
Event details and ticketing:   www.harmonicaplanet.com/blues-blowoff