[Harp-L] Fwd: Sticky lips

Steve moorcot@xxxxx
Mon Aug 5 05:33:20 EDT 2019

Well, sticking lips was a big issue for me when I first played out in front of people. After a good few years the problem disappeared, but I know that's no consolation to a beginner.  In the UK you can buy tiny tubes of an unscented, thin lip cream called Cymex. It's supposed to be for cold sores, but it works a treat for sticky lips. I overcame my own sticky lips issue after several years. Gaining confidence and learning when to fast-lick was a big thing. In the meantime, I would say the following. Lip balms aren't much good. The worst ones, which is most of them, are the scented  types. Overuse of anything you put on your lips is going to start clogging the harp holes too. You pays yer money ...

Steve