[Harp-L] How much is Enough?

The Iceman icemanle@xxxxx
Sun Aug 4 19:15:44 EDT 2019

If one decides not to tolerate being off pitch at all, one would probably evolve into a better musician...no matter what the instrument.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Hale <ynfdwas at xxxxx>
To: Harp-L <harp-l at xxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Aug 4, 2019 5:43 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] How much is Enough?

Since we harp players struggle at times with accurate pitch, my mind is
running with curiosity for HOW MUCH off-pitch we will tolerate, accept, or
approve?.
Also factored in would be HOW LONG we stay on a note of questionable pitch.
(Duration)
Third would be cultural norms and boundaries about pitch in a musical
context.

(This is where one of my harp students would exclaim "You have too much
time on your hands!")

Has anyone seen research on these questions?

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
Robert at xxxxx