[Harp-L] [Fwd: Musician friend of mine]

owner-harp-l@xxxxx owner-harp-l@xxxxx
Tue Apr 16 08:59:03 EDT 2019

This was errantly sent to the owner's mailbox, twice now.  I'm forwarding
it to the harp-l list because that's where it belongs, harp-l-listowner.

Friend of mine in the frozen north who is intending on moving to SW
Florida sent this to me. Interesting story and an old video which I am
sure many will remember.....Joey.
Ron Burton
Just west of the 'Glades

Hey Ron,

Sgro Bros Flight of the Bumble Bee -
YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw5BrorC5-c>

www.sgrobrothers.com

So I went to the grocery store this afternoon and parked in the Veteran's
space.
In the next aisle there is another space adjoining the one I am in.
This guy in a full size van comes backing into it and bangs into the sign
between the two spots, almost knocking the sign onto my car. So I yell at
him to stop and he gets out and thanks me because he can't see behind in
his van. He asks me what branch of service I was in I was in and starts up
a conversation. Turns out he was one of the Players with Johnny Puleo and
the Harmonicats and a member of the Harmoniacs. He start showing me photos
of him with his arm around President Bush and Ed Sullivan and Jack Par,
etc, etc, (All these photos are in his shirt pocket covered in plastic!)
He also was a friend of Louie Prima and Sam Buters: so that held my
interest!
We have a conversation (or should I say He has a conversation)  for about
15 minutes and he gives me his business card.  He is still an active
player and entertainer. Did I mention he is 87 and was in the Korean war?

I thought you might like a little bit of history.
Enjoy,
Len