[Harp-L] Whammer Jammer

Robert Hale ynfdwas@xxxxx
Thu Apr 4 18:35:13 EDT 2019

Probably 110 years ago, I charted Magic Dick's Whammer Jammer for a harp
student.
(OK, I  exaggerate a bit)

Recently I have a most tenacious harp student, bent on performing that gem.
And because we think we are the ONLY ones in the world ever to study this
recording... I ask you...

   1. have you charted (tabbed) it?
   2. have you coached it?
   3. have you or your student performed it?

When you isolate and slow down the audio, you notice how very FREE FORM
Dick's solo is, not always conforming strictly to 12 bars every time.

Anyway, love to hear from anyone who has explored this recording.
(My student thinks there is a parallel universe somewhere, doing the same
things we are doing weekly!)

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL