[Harp-L] All this Positions and Modes stuff

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Mon Oct 29 12:31:45 EDT 2018

Actually the starting and the end note have little to do with a mode.  The
rhythm bass and chordal instruments' root notes of either the key to the
song or, in a song rapidly changing tonal centers with the chords, the
current tonal center defines the mode.

For example, I could start on B and end on F and never play a G note, I am
still using the G mixolydian scale if the band is in the key of G and I hit
only white keys.