[Harp-L] Positions Modes and the Harp_L List.

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Sat Oct 27 17:18:49 EDT 2018

The irony of Perfect Pitch is that it is framed in a man-made definition.
Most commonly today at 440Hz. What is perfect about that? So even perfect
pitch is cultural. I admire those who can name a pitch in isolation. But
that is learned, too.

So let us not over-admire and reverence the skill. I have not worried about
perfect pitch because it seems to trouble some of my cohorts when the world
around them is not referenced to their piano at 440. Relative pitch is
certainly most practical. It keeps us all harmonizing well.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com