[Harp-L] needing diatonic advice

Tin Lizzie TrackHarpL@xxxxx
Tue Nov 6 23:39:11 EST 2018

Hi, Mary!  Welcome to harmonica playing!

I have good news and bad news regarding your query.  The bad news is that  *you*  have to decide what sound(s) to make.  The good news is that you  *get*  to decide what sound(s) to make.

I am the kind of person who anguishes long and hard over the “right” way to do things, and how to figure out what that is.  I feel your pain.  What I can offer you is this:  Make music that  *you*  like.  That’s how you give of yourself to the world.  It really is as easy as that.  (And as hard as that, sometimes.)

Over time, I recommend that you to explore as many different notes and sounds and techniques with your harmonica as you can, so that you will have a broad palette of sounds to choose from when you make music for others.  A teacher can help with this.  And then choose and play what you like.

Trust your own taste.

Best wishes,
Tin Lizzie