[Harp-L] 12 keys with one harp

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Mon Nov 5 13:26:48 EST 2018

   1. Playing jazz is probably the best criteria for deciding to play 12
   positions on diatonic. "Just because you can."
   2. The other criteria would be your brand of harp. Lee Oskar's are my
   choice, and I have read that they are not effective for setting up
   overblows.

When my music growth seems to approach the need, I may join the "12
positions, one harp, overblow" tribe. It certainly would be nice to pack
one harp instead of 12 keys and several tunings. Meantime, by needs are
wonderfully met by re-tuning Lee Oskar harps into Spiral, which combines
the power of his Melody Maker and Natural Minor. And Spiral offers two-note
harmonies throughout the scale that are just delightful, in 3 Major and 3
Minor keys per harp! (Oops, I'm talking positions again!)

FOR NEWER SUBSCRIBERS TO THE LIST
There are a ton of great tools and techniques to learn from each
contributor, but don't worry about overblows. I admire those who have
accomplished it. I don't admire any less those who play well and don't use
overblows. For me, it's the joy of music that counts. Playing or hearing.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com