[Harp-L] Stand by Me

Joseph Leone 3N037@xxxxx
Tue May 22 16:21:47 EDT 2018

I always play this tune on a D cross-harped. But when you get to the syllable ‘ling’ in the word ‘dar-ling’ you need to have the #5 draw reed raised up one sharp.
You might be able to overblow that note but I have never heard anyone do it cleanly. Which is why I came up with doo-wop tuning in 1959 in the first place. I
tried to give a seminar on this at spah about 20 years ago. (You were there as I recall). But it wasn’t well attended as I was opposite the hall from a big name
player and they drew more attendees.  :(

broken shoes joe