[Harp-L] Seydel Overtones interview with Tony Eyers

Tony Eyers tony@xxxxx
Sun Jan 14 01:28:49 EST 2018

In the late 1970s harmonica player PT Gazell recorded "Pace Yourself",
released by Sugar Hill Records and featuring Ricky Skaggs and Jerry
Douglas. It remains one of the seminal bluegrass harmonica recordings.
With his Nashville based band "The Side Effects", PT is now one of the
leading diatonic harmonica jazz exponents, and is the face of Seydel
Harmonicas. Through Seydel he produces the "Overtones" series of
harmonica interviews, past subjects include blues pioneer Charlie
Musselwhite and Jimmie Fadden from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

The latest Overtones episode features an interview PT did with me last
August at the SPAH harmonica convention in Tulsa Oklahoma. I explain my
approach to bluegrass harmonica, and describe how Seydel created a
harmonica model based on my Major Cross tuning system.

You can see the interview at
https://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel1847.sf/en_US/?ViewObjectID=33624147&Currency=EUR

Tony Eyers
Australia