[Harp-L] Huntersounds patches for Fender Mustang series amps will go on sale within a week

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sun Jan 7 09:46:12 EST 2018

Hi all,

I've nearly completed all the work on my patch sets for the Fender Mustang
I/II and III/IV/V amplifiers--"all" in this case including the patches, the
documentation, and the website updates.  Lotta stuff to do to make those
sounds easy to purchase, set up, and operate...

The Huntersound V1 Mustang patch sets include a set of 40 patches in single
and bulk load formats for the Mustang III/IV/V, and 24 patches for the
Mustang I/II.  The Mustang I/I set will sell for $25, the III/IV/V set for
$40--about a dollar a patch.  (And no, I will not sell single patches.)
These sounds will work well for players who want to go to the stage with a
self-contained amplifier that provides a wide range of traditional blue
tones.

This set was designed to cover a wide range of straight-up amped and
acoustic blues and rock sounds, with only a few patches that use FX beyond
delay and/or reverb.  I figure that anyone who gets this amp plans to use
it to play blues and rock, and who am I to argue?  I did happen to develop
a number of more, umm, outside tones in the course of working on this set,
and I'll release those separately for the benefit of the adventurous before
long.  As always, I don't aim to make an "authentic" version of any given
amp model; I don't want people to say "Wow, that sounds just like a
Princeton Reverb!", I want people to say "Man!  That harp sounds great!"

Stay tuned for an announcement of the formal release.

Happy New Year, Richard Hunter

Check out the 21st Century rock harmonica masterpiece "The Lucky One" at
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)