[Harp-L] Hohner Tremolo Tuning - What should I try to tune the Intervals?

Steve moorcot@xxxxx
Fri Jan 5 05:58:16 EST 2018

I've just reread my post as well as Pat's site and thought I should add a caveat in order to not sow confusion. Pat says on his site that tremolos are typically tuned with the note in the top hole at foundation pitch and the note in the bottom hole slightly sharp. My experience with tremolos is far more limited than his, knowing as I do only Hohner Echos and Tombo Bands. In both those cases I've found that the setup is actually the other way round, with the slightly sharp note in the top hole. Before getting to work on any tremolo I'd be working out initially which way round the original setup was, so as to avoid a huge amount of unnecessary tinkering...

Steve Shaw