[Harp-L] Warm-up evidence

Joseph Leone 3N037@xxxxx
Mon Dec 17 08:27:16 EST 2018

I warm up by opening my clarinet case which I have converted to a harp case, blow a note into the mic to make sure it’s on, and that’s about it.

Warming up isn’t really necessary. If a cave man was being chased by a Pterodactyl, he WOULD move. No matter what his age. And I think a lot has to do with age. It takes me
hours to do things I used to do in minutes. lol. Luckily I am only 5’11” and 14 stone 7 (175), so I am still wirey and quick at 76. Just this morning I went by the ‘You Fit’ fitness center
on my way to a McDonald’s big breakfast and noticed that all the people going in and out looked to be in worse shape than I, were younger, usually chubby, some using equipment
to walk. Yesterday I was 44 ft. up an Acacia tree topping it.
When on the state police, we had a physical evaluation every 6 months. The instructor (sic), insisted that everyone warm up before doing the exercises. I never did. I could still do
11-12 pull ups, and he could only do 7-8. When I leave ’Tippie’ at the Jiffy Lube, I can still dash across the Tamiami trail (8 lanes), to get to McDonald’s. It might come down to
genetics.

Leo Poldville