[Harp-L] The debut of Tin + Bone

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Fri Sep 22 07:46:44 EDT 2017

Trip wrote:
A quick note about my approach to playing this style of music commonly
called "old-time".  I simply state the melody in unison with the fiddle and
banjo, there's very little improvisation other than slight variations on
the tune, it's almost trance music and when played well with a group of
like-minded musicians it is most satisfying.
****

I thought the sound of the harmonica in unison with the fiddle was
beautiful--the word "soaring" comes to mind.

"Old timey" (pre-electronic?) trance music--love it.  Trances didn't start
with synthesizers.

Regards, Richard Hunter

--
Check out our 21st Century rock harmonica record "The Lucky One" at
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)