[Harp-L] Recorder repair persons?

Joseph Leone 3n037@xxxxx
Mon Oct 23 23:05:00 EDT 2017

Phyllis is correct. It’s a medium sized clarinet type pad. Possibly the repair person didn’t ‘set’ the membrane over the felt correctly. 
Any clarinet/sax/oboe person can do it. You dampen the felt enough to take the shape of the hole, add the membrane and apply just enough weight to set the pad. 

> On Oct 23, 2017, at 7:00 PM, phyllis731--- via Harp-L <harp-l at xxxxx> wrote:
> If it's a melodica, then someone who repairs accordians.  If it's a recorder with valve and pad, then maybe someone who does clarinet or sax repairs.
> Blues Girl Phyllis
> Do no harm but take no shit.
> Sent from AOL Desktop
> In a message dated 10/23/2017 11:33:30 AM Central Standard Time, harp-l at xxxxx writes:
> A friend of mine has a recorder (like a melodeon) that has a valve problem he describes as follows:
> "The instrument is a tenor recorder.  the last (bottom) hole has a valve, like a sax.  The valve is defective.  Plus the pad that was put on doesn't fit right... you cannot get the bottom note clean ... I bought it in Germany in 1964, and played it for years. But the valve became unusable, had it repaired but it was a bad job and it went bad in a couple wks.  It just seems that there should be someone who could make it work again."
> Anyone know of a repairs person? TIA.
> Bob LoomisConcord CA

More information about the Harp-L mailing list