[Harp-L] Relative Major

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Sat Oct 14 14:15:00 EDT 2017

(Apologies to the list for neglecting to remove the large signature
previously)

Hello Steven,

Spiral (usually) roots on draw 2 for the fundamental major scale. (You can
build them starting anywhere on ten holes)
Starting on draw 1 is the 6th tone of that scale, and delivers the natural
(relative) minor scale.
Add some half-step draw bends and this becomes a powerful tuning. Not quite
chromatic, but 9 of 11 tones.

Example: Spiral C harp = A minor scale from draw 1.
That's equivalent to 4th position, I believe.

For musical expression, Spiral is the way the harp SHOULD have been
invented. (grin) But then, our whole historical catalog would sound
different, too!

I have some short videos introducing Spiral at http://trix.ws/RG02m
or
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr4XxNVIO3Qs78i1cBXhp311EHefrQ2m5

For explorers, Spiral captures what BOTH Melody Maker, and Natural Minor
tunings do in Lee Oskar models.
So, when you are ready...

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Hellerman, Steven L. <