[Harp-L] multi-effects presets at the same volume

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Mon Nov 20 21:32:27 EST 2017

SUCCESS!
Here's a method for getting several presets to play at an even volume level:

[image: Inline image 1]

My Digitech RP500 allows me to input a music track (like a full band) and
wear headphones. I set the band volume fairly loud, to almost crowd the
harp tone. As I stepped thru my harmonica patches, I heard them in context
with a band at the same time.

RESULT
No surprise real-time adjustments to volume during the gig. (For other
units, the same estimation can be made by playing a band track on speakers
at the same volume that you hear your harp on the mic.)

Yes, a volume pedal solves this, too, but I use the pedal for fast-slow
Leslie effects, and other options, for example, rather than output volume.

HISTORY
Previously, I had tried to set the output volume with headphones, at home,
with no band track. Live effects are mixed with the rest of the band, and
can sound very different from the home-testing and set up.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com