[Harp-L] pentatonic SCALE-2ND POSITION

Richard Sleigh rrsleigh@xxxxx
Wed Nov 8 19:57:23 EST 2017

Dear Ian,

You can play a major pentatonic scale in 2nd position:

Harp tab:  2  3''  3  4   5+  6+

on a key of C harp the notes would be  G  A  B  D  E  G

You can also play a minor pentatonic scale in 2nd position:

2  3'  4+  4  5  6+   - the notes would be   G  Bb  C  D  F  G

add one more note and you have the blues scale:

2  3'  4+  4'  4  5  6+   - the notes would be   G  Bb  C  Db  D  F  G

So you have a lot of options in 2nd position up to the 6 hole with notes
that flow nicely as bends

You can't all three scales in first position unless you use over blows, and
they don't flow as well as the bent notes ( not for me...)
I hope this makes sense & is useful...

Richard Sleigh

(BTW - the harp tab - plain numbers are draw notes,  numbers with + are
blow notes  - looks like you already use the apostrophe for each half step
bend...)

rrsleigh at xxxxx
http://hotrodharmonicas.com
http://rsleigh.com