[Harp-L] Screws for reeds (was: Vern Smith's Solder method)

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Wed Nov 1 23:08:09 EDT 2017

Have you ever wondered how the worker can insert, align, and rivet a reed in about a second at the factory?   I surmise that the reeds are wider near the rivet than at the tip.  When she pushes the reed all the way into the slot, the wider part touches the sides of the slot and aligns it.  After the reed is gapped, the wide part doesn’t enter the slot as it vibrates but the narrower tip has clearance.

Vern.