[Harp-L] First gig with midi chromatic

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Wed May 3 09:08:22 EDT 2017

I have an I phone 6.  I went to the Apple store and bought a converter from
a USB to where you charge your phone.  $30.  My earbuds that came with my I
phone have a detachable converter from the earbuds to the phone.  I went to
the music store and bought a converter from that converter to a quarter
inch cable.  I plugged that into a Peavey KB2, a very clean amp that is
basically a little PA speaker.  The band is bluegrassy in nature and we all
gather around a condenser microphone so I did not route the amp into the
PA, but I could if necessary.  Since it was midi,  I turned everything up
as loud as possible without fear of feedback.

As I am sure you may have gathered if you watch my posts closely,  I am
technology challenged.  This has so far been a very intuitive process for
me.

Richard Hunter, hopefully I can get an audience member to take a video
soon.  Perhaps I can find a way to play your patches through one input and
the midi through the other or just play your patches through the PA,
because I would love to get some sounds on the diatonic.

As to the software, I am using garageband.  It came with my phone for
free.

Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com