[Harp-L] Overblow/Overdraw General Information

The Iceman icemanle@xxxxx
Fri Mar 17 11:19:20 EDT 2017

If you truly want to learn the technique, you need plan on a *solid year *of
dedicated practice and you should really have a good instructor.

uh, I beg to differ.

I always fight that mind set "you need to spend a long time learning any bending technique, including OB/OD.

My beginning students (best when they've NEVER picked up a harmonica before coming for lessons) will be bending to exact pitch within a week or two of learning my techniques. Just for fun, I'll throw OB/OD into the mix after a few weeks and find that they also pick up this skill very quickly.

If you believe you need a solid year of dedicated practice, than you probably will.

If you believe it is all easy and can be done in a few weeks, then that's all you need.

You decide....

ps - very good teacher is required to achieve the same results as above