[Harp-L] James Cotton RIP

Chris Hofstader cdh@xxxxx
Fri Mar 17 10:37:36 EDT 2017

Hearing of Cotton’s death makes me very sad. I had the great privilege of hearing him perform a number of times in a jazz club in Cambridge, MA. Between sets, he would walk around to all of the tables, introducing himself, shaking hands, signing stuff and being a truly generous performer. The first time he came to the Regatta Bar, we went three of the five nights he was there and the next time we went all five nights and enjoyed both sets each time.