[Harp-L] Diminished tuning

Eugene Ryan ryan.eugene@xxxxx
Tue Jun 27 06:10:27 EDT 2017

I guess what Jason is also talking about here is the first two holes of
dimi is the same as power chromatic (if starting on the A so it gives you a
m7th chord from first hole up A C E G)  / dorian, then for the next two the
notes are the same if you hold in the slide. So it has some similarities in
terms of breath patterns and bending abilities.. but different in terms of
chords, "keyness" (ability to play in key without touching the slide) and
regular patterns/transposition/MOLT - and, as you say, enharmonics in
different places. I understand Ed would use a few keyed harmonicas and play
them in multiple keys... I haven't spoken to him in quite a while.

Both layouts/tunings are very good for expressive possibilities.

--
Eugene